Airport Zrenjanin Complex is spreading on the land area of 1,100 ha. The existing airport is located on the infrastructure of the old German airport built in 1941, at the time biggest in the South East Europe. The airport is the biggest “C” class airport in the Balkans region with the supporting infrastructure for air traffic of small passenger and cargo planes with load capacity less than 7 tons. In May 2007 Zrenjanin Airport gained license for passenger and cargo traffic from Civil Air Traffic Directorate. The Detailed Regulation Plan is prepared for 300 hectares.
Dominant present infrastructure elements:
- Grass runway 1250m x 80m,
- 3 Hangars,
- Airport building including reception room and other facilities,
- Electricity substation,
- Parachute area,
- Oil cisterns and gas stations,
- Concrete runway 1850m x 60m – not in use,
- Roll track system– not in use.
Vision of Airport “Zrenjanin”
To provide Air Transport facilities & services to/from Zrenjanin
To establish Zrenjanin as the regional cargo hub and moderate capacity passenger traffic airport
Why to invest in Airport Zrenjanin?
- favourable location,
- elementary infrastructure,
- excellent weather conditions for air traffic,
- ideal for small cargo and passenger planes,
- opportunity for starting low-cost flights from Serbia,
- increasing number of investments – flow of goods and people,
- 24/7 Customs and duty personnel on-site
- preferable business and investment background.